The Political Science and Economics Departments in conjunction with the Trachtenberg School of Public Policy and Public Administration (TSPPPA) offer a combined Bachelor of Arts or Science in Political Science or Economics/Master of Public Policy degree. The BA or BS/MPP program allows students to complete 12 credits as part of the undergraduate program, thereby completing the master’s degree within five and a half years.
Undergraduate Political Science or Economics majors should apply for the MPP during their junior year, once they have completed 75 credit hours. BA/BS students taking public policy and public administration (PPPA) graduate courses must work with a TSPPPA advisor in addition to their undergraduate advisor.
Applicants to the combined degree program should submit the following materials to Lindsey Duble-Dice, Trachtenberg School Director of Admissions. It is preferred that all materials be submitted as a single PDF document, with the exception of letters of recommendation, which should be sent to Lindsey directly by the recommender.
- CCAS Combined Degree Application Form, including required signatures
- An email from your director of undergraduate studies indicating support for your application may be accepted in lieu of a physical signature
- Copy of your Unofficial Transcript
- Two letters of recommendation, at least one from a current GW Professor
- Resume or CV
- Statement of Purpose
- 250-500 words, indicating your purpose in undertaking graduate study, academic objectives, research interests, and career plans
Applications for Fall start are accepted on a rolling basis, with a final deadline of June 1. Spring start applications are accepted on a case-by-case basis.
Trachtenberg School Director of Admissions: Lindsey Duble-Dice, [email protected]
Director of Graduate Studies: Anil Nathan, [email protected]
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Public Policy
- Masters in Environmental Resource Policy
- PhD in Public Policy & Administration
- Combined Degree Programs
- Combined BA in Criminal Justice/MPA
- Combined BA in Human Services and Social Justice/MPA
- Combined BA in Political Science/MPA
- Combined BA in Political Science or Economics/MPP
- Combined BA in Environmental Studies/MA-ENRP
- Combined MPA/JD and MPP/JD Programs
- Combined MPP/PhD in Political Science Program
- Academic Advising for Masters Students
- Masters Capstone