These combined degree programs are designed for qualified students who are interested in pursuing a master's degree in addition to their undergraduate degree in political science or economics. The programs are selective and target outstanding GW undergraduates. Normally a student wishing to receive both a bachelor's degree in political science or economics and an MPP would take 40 additional credits after the baccalaureate and would spend six years at GW. The combined degree program offers students a challenging curriculum that substitutes 12 graduate-level credits for upper-division undergraduate courses. These 12 credits, chosen with advisor approval, are applied to the requirements of both the bachelor's degree and the MPP; this allows students to complete their bachelor's degree and Master of Public Policy with fewer total credits and in less than six years.
You may apply for admission to the BA/MPP program when you have accumulated 75 credit hours. The application should be accompanied by a recommendation from a faculty member in either the Political Science or Economics Department, which will be used in the admission decision made by the director of the MPP program.
Students who have maintained a satisfactory academic record may apply for admission to the MPP program during their junior year. It will be necessary for students to conform to the established requirements for completing an application. However, submitting GRE scores is optional and not required. Upon admission, you are granted 12 credits of advanced standing, leaving you with only 28 credit hours to complete the MPP degree.
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Public Policy
- Masters in Environmental Resource Policy
- PhD in Public Policy & Administration
- Combined Degree Programs
- Combined Masters/Graduate Certificate Programs
- Combined BA in Criminal Justice/MPA
- Combined BA in Human Services and Social Justice/MPA
- Combined BA in Political Science/MPA
- Combined BA in Political Science or Economics/MPP
- Combined BA in Environmental Studies/MA-ENRP
- Combined MPA/JD and MPP/JD Programs
- Combined MPP/PhD in Political Science Program
- Academic Advising for Masters Students
- Masters Capstone