Career Information for Prospective Students
The Trachtenberg School’s Career Development Services office helps students and alumni throughout their career trajectory, whether you have an idea of the work you would like to do or you are still exploring options.
As a top-12 ranked public affairs school by U.S. News and World Report, Trachtenberg offers students robust career opportunities. Our career advisors are committed to helping you find your next, best professional opportunity. Work with staff, faculty, alumni and your cohort to take the first step toward your professional goals.
Many Trachtenberg students gain professional experience by working in a job or interning to integrate classroom learning with practical assignments. Many of the internships offer a stipend or wage.
Recent internship hosts include:
- American Enterprise Institute
- American Red Cross
- American Youth Policy Forum
- Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Cornerstone Government Affairs
- District of Columbia Office of Planning
- Environmental Defense Fund
- Jobs for the Future
- League of United Latin American Citizens
- National Association of Counties
- Smart Electric Power Alliance
- The White House
- The Wilson Center
- Trust for America's Health
- U.S. House of Representatives
- U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness
- US Government Accountability Office
- World Vision